Other dependent relatives

If you are a parent, grandparent or other dependant relative of a British citizen or a person settled in the UK, you may apply for permission to settle in the UK. Normally, you would have to be 65 years of age or over, wholly or mainly financially dependent on your relatives settled in the UK, maintained and housed without recourse for public funds and have no other close relatives in your own country who can support you financially.

There are exceptional compassionate circumstances where relatives can still join settled British citizens or a settled person in the UK if they can meet all of the above requirements save for the age of 65 or over.

© 2017 Lester Dominic. All rights reserved.