Unmarried partners and same-sex partners

For many years, the government has recognised the right of unmarried partners and same-sex partners. The requirements differ slightly from those for spouses and civil partners. For unmarried partners and same-sex partners, you will be required to demonstrate that you have been living together in a relationship akin to a marriage for at least 2 years. The probationary period is the same as spouse and civil partners. You will be given 2 years’ leave to remain in the UK and, after the 2 year probationary period, you may be eligible to apply for settlement in the UK.

© 2017 Lester Dominic. All rights reserved.